In a market were eco/enviro/fair trade labels are becoming more common, it is important for companies to really consider the merits and draw backs of third party certification. Jump on the bandwagon too quickly, and it could be risky. In a recent article on Greenbiz.com, Melissa Scweisguth explores the 10 questions a company should consider before opting for the third party certification:
1. What are your needs and options?
2. Is relevant terminology regulated?
3. What will yield the most significant positive difference?
4. What’s most appropriate for suppliers?
5. What’s most cost-effective?
6. Do you have the right knowledge?
7. Are you willing to share data if you go it alone?
8. Do stakeholders require specific certifications?
9. Does labeling measurably improve reputation and revenue?
10. What delivers the greatest return on investment?
For Scweisguth’s article in its entirety, click here